Navigating a Kumu map
Before you start making your own map, you will want to become familiar with working with Kumu, and see for yourself a few real Change Pathways Maps.
The video below shows you how to move around and explore a Kumu map, and on the next few pages you will find some Change Pathways Maps created by other permaculture projects working with communities.
Here is a list of the most useful features for exploring maps:
- Zoom in / out
- Zoom to fit (see whole map)
- Click on white space and drag to move the map within the Kumu window
- Hover to highlight – hover over an element to see only that element and those flowing in and out of it.
- Focus mode – select an element (red edge) and focus mode button will appear. Click that to focus and then use expand and contract focus. Quit focus mode to reveal all elements again.
- Search bar – use this if you are looking for something in particular.
- Sidebar – this may be used to store additional information, images and URLs related to an element.
Activity: Explore the Change Pathway Maps on the next few pages. They are real CPMs made by real permaculture projects who have previously completed this course. Practise using the Kumu functionality described above to navigate the following maps.